Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lost and Found.

I casually peeked down at my hand, but rather than a marriage band and an engagement band, there had been only the narrow gold band. It was Valentine's Day, and my man, Randy, and I were on our way from my niece's marriage, which had taken place in one city, to the reception, which was being held in another town about 15 miles away. Or that summer when I had concluded to help teach an one-week summer college course at the college for highschool scholars and had come down with an awful case of the belly influenza on Monday, and Randy had cheerfully agreed to take my place. Or the Thanksgiving shortly after my father had died and we were hauling home some of my parents ' furnitureall I had left in the world of both of them because my ma had died 7 years earlierand it had begun to rain part of the way thru our 250-mile journey. Randy stopped the pick-up lorry we had borrowed from a buddy to chop his shoelaces into bits so he could tie the tarp down better to keep the furniture dry. Likelihood is you will run into an occasion in life which requires you to give a toast. But before practicing it, you must make up the toast. It may be funny, or it may be more significant.

When I had to make a toast lately, I turned to the film, "The Count of Monte Cristo", in which Jim Caviziel's personality delivers a diamond of a toast to an a teen boy entering adultness. What I present here is but a technique to build your own toast using definite rules that I removed. The toast itself is constructed of 8 or 9 lines, but you need to be happy to modify it to your own liking. Maybe a unusual story, or some sort remarks, or an amusing yarn. This story, then, should lead you into and relate to the toast itself. The 1st line of the toast should state a general observation in life employing a metaphor related to the introductory remarks that you simply made. As an example, if your story told was about a bride's particular love of the roses her groom continually gave her while they were dating, you may start the toast with, "Love is a rose". Have loads more articles on cheap wedding chair covers. "For NOTHING? But it is my ringthe one you gave me when you asked me to wed you". Though the drive back to the church appeared to take two times as long, we ultimately reached the car park. If only he could teach me to do a similar thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment